If you’re looking for facial treatments that work on a wide variety of skin issues for fast results, combining laser genesis treatment with hydrafacials might be the perfect solution for you. These two treatments together can give you better results than each alone. Let’s take a look at both so you better understand how they complement each other for clearer, more youthful-looking skin.
What Is HydraFacial MD?
HydraFacial MD is a non-invasive, transformative exfoliation technique that gets rave reviews from our clients here at The Brow Room in Spokane, WA. A more advanced type of microdermabrasion, HydraFacial MD uses no chemicals to remove old, dull, or troubled skin on the surface of your face and reveal fresher, dewier-looking skin beneath.
The technique is performed by a master aesthetician with a HydraFacial MD machine. Results are noticeable after just one session, although most clients elect to do four to six treatments in total for an even greater change in their appearance.
Treatments last 30 minutes to an hour. This makes it an ideal way to pamper yourself over your lunch break or while the kids are at an activity. Some people have no side effects at all, with some experiencing a bit of redness that dissipates in about half an hour. It’s safe and highly effective, with many benefits, which we’ll discuss below.
Steps To Better-Looking Skin
HydraFacial MD sessions are each comprised of three steps to purify, brighten, and renew the skin. Step one starts with cleansing. Dirt and oil are gently removed from the skin to clean out the pores of the epidermis, the outermost layer of the skin. Dead skin is removed during this step, too, which helps the skin better reflect light and look less dull. A serum is typically worked into the skin during this stage to soften it.
A light acid peel using non-irritating salicylic and glycolic acids is performed next. This reaches deeper dirt in the pores that the first step didn’t reach and that you can’t normally remove with home cleansing or treatments.
Vacuum extraction is then used to remove blackheads and other imperfections from the skin. Soothing extracts are infused for calming and hydration. A final fusion step may be included to add minerals, plant extracts, and hyaluronic acid to the skin for brightening and plumping. These also help protect your skin from the environment.
Added Serums For Skin Issues
Before we begin every HydraFacial MD treatment, we do a thorough assessment of the client’s unique skin concerns. That way, we can better customize the treatment for the most optimum results. We can add serums throughout the treatment for illuminating, evening, and reducing signs of sun exposure and aging, such as fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots.
What Are the Benefits of HydraFacial MD?
HydraFacial MD boasts a huge fan club worldwide, and it’s easy to see why. There are multiple benefits to using this facial treatment, especially when compared to other modalities.
Let’s start by talking about how HydraFacial MD can improve the look, feel, and overall health of your facial skin:
- Balances oily area with the rest of your complexion
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines
- Lightens dark spots
- Reduces hyperpigmentation
- Unclogs pores
- Removes dead skin cells
- Makes large pores less obvious
Devotees also like HydraFacial MD because they can get on with their normal lives afterward, including big events and social gatherings. There’s no swelling, burning, flaking, or peeling afterward – just a little redness for some people, which goes away very quickly. There’s no need to hide away at home or take time off work in the following days or weeks.
Because HydraFacial MD is so gentle, it works on all skin types. You can have fragile or sensitive skin and still receive this treatment. We have college-age clients who like it for eliminating the impurities that contribute to acne breakouts. We also have seniors who adore it for their older skin. The ability to tailor this treatment for different skin concerns also makes it an across-the-board hit.
Who HydraFacial MD Is Right For?
You might be wondering who is right to receive a HydraFacial MD treatment. We typically recommend it for:
- People prone to mild-to-moderate acne (it doesn’t work as well on severe or cystic acne)
- Clients with skin discoloration, sun spots, or age spots
- People who want to improve the brightness, clarity, and softness of the skin
- Those concerned with large or visible pores
If you’ve just received laser treatments on your face, we ask that you wait a bit to schedule your HydraFacial MD appointment. It might be a little too much irritation for the skin all at once. We’re happy to advise you about spacing your treatments to minimize irritation or side effects.
What Is Laser Genesis?
Laser Genesis is one of our most popular skin rejuvenation treatments. Like HydraFacial MD, this is also a non-invasive treatment that treats many of the same issues but in a different manner.
Laser Genesis uses a heat-based laser to stimulate a growth in collagen, one of the building blocks of the skin. Collagen is what makes youthful skin so elastic and healthy-looking.
This treatment normally requires about five 30-minute sessions a month apart, although some clients are happy with the results with three or four and some do as many as nine. It can depend on their concerns, their goals, and their personal physiology related to skin turnover. Most people see peak transformation around the six-month mark.
What Are the Benefits of Laser Genesis Treatment?
Laser Genesis can be used to treat many skin issues, including some not covered by HydraFacial MD. These include:
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Acne and acne scars
- Rosacea and redness
- Facial veins
- Uneven skin texture
- Skin tags
- Age spots
- Venous lakes (AKA phlebectasis)
- Enlarged pores
Laser Genesis uses short bursts of energy and doesn’t damage the skin. Similar to HydraFacial MD, this technique comes with no downtime afterward. Therefore, you can go back to work or keep up your social calendar with no one being the wiser.
Our clients appreciate that this treatment can also be used on the neck and chest, where there may be sun damage and signs of aging like that found on the face.
For people with dark skin, this modality is less likely to cause hyperpigmentation, which can occur with other laser treatments.
Treatment with Laser Genesis can be a permanent solution for some conditions, such as scars or rosacea. Others may only need occasional touch-ups if they monitor sun exposure, wear sunscreen, and take good care of their skin.
Some other things our clients like about Laser Genesis include:
- Using a non-ablative laser, it’s pain-free, unlike some laser treatments.
- It’s very low risk.
- It combines easily with other treatments (see below).
- It helps the skin stay more youthful-looking for longer by stimulating collagen over time.
- Virtually anyone can use it.
Who It’s Right For
Are you wondering if Laser Genesis is right for you? If you tick one or more of these categories, it is worth asking about at The Brow Room when you schedule other services:
- You’re not happy with signs of aging or sun exposure on your face, neck, and/or chest.
- You struggle with acne or have old acne scars.
- Redness or rosacea is a concern, especially if you don’t wear makeup or can’t cover them with makeup.
- You have circulatory system issues, such as facial veins or venous lakes, you would like to minimize or eliminate.
- Your skin texture is uneven, perhaps with some very visible pores.
- You would like a more rested, vigorous, and youthful appearance to your face.
How Do HydraFacial and Laser Genesis Work Together for Added Benefits?
No Need To Choose Just One
If you’re having trouble deciding whether to get a Hydrafacial MD or Laser Genesis treatment, we have good news for you! Not only are both treatments available for you at The Brow Room in Spokane, but you can also elect to get both for enhanced results. Sometimes, this is called “HydraGenesis” treatment.
Ask us about how to combine these two truly transformative treatments, whether you schedule them together or alternate one with the other. We’re happy to advise you based on your unique skin and complexion considerations, and how to combine the two for the best outcome and the least amount of irritation to your skin.
A Synergistic Effect
We’ve discovered that using HydraFacial MD and Laser Genesis treatments together produces a synergistic effect, and the results of combining them are better than if you only did one or the other. How does that work? The HydraFacial process clears your skin and removes unwanted impurities, while Laser Genesis stimulates collagen growth for new, fresher-looking skin. Between the two, your face will look glowing and more youthful.
For Special Events Or “Just Because”
Many of our clients like to combine HydraFacial MD and Laser Genesis for special events, such as a wedding, photo session, red carpet reception, vacation, class reunion, or anniversary. But we have just as many happy clients who chose to do both treatments because they simply wanted their skin to look and feel better every day. It gives them a boost of self-confidence and makes them more content with their appearance.
The dramatic results of combining the two modalities mean less waiting for a change, which many people appreciate. If you’ve tried multiple home treatments or haven’t had the results you desire with other treatments, bringing HydraFacial MD and Laser Genesis together can be a pleasing shock, even after one treatment session.
Summary of Benefits
So, to review all the points we’ve made here to make deciding easier for you, let’s summarize why so many of our clients at The Brow Room elect to get both HydraFacial MD and Laser Genesis treatments together or back to back.
- HydraFacial MD treatments remove impurities from the skin, clean the pores, and rejuvenate the appearance. Laser Genesis treatments stimulate collagen production to further renew the skin.
- Both HydraFacial MD and Laser Genesis offer the benefit of no downtime. You can get either or both the day before a big event without worrying about temporary damage to your skin that shows up as burning, peeling, or excessive redness. It’s not necessary to schedule time off work or your social calendar to accommodate recovery.
- Neither process takes a long time. Each can be done over your lunch break, and it’s easy to fit the combo into your schedule in just a couple of hours.
- People of any age and any skin type can benefit from HydraFacial MD and Laser Genesis treatments, particularly when combined.
- Although these treatments are suitable for multiple skin concerns, we tailor your treatments to your unique skin needs. Whether you have acne or fine lines, you’ll see results with a customized treatment session. With HydraFacial MD, we can add serum boosters for different skin issues.
- You’ll see great results with each treatment individually, often after the first appointment. But, by combining the modalities together, you get even faster results for skin that looks fresh, dewy, rested, and more youthful.
Do you still have questions about HydraFacial MD, Laser Genesis, or combining the two treatments for the ultimate in a transformed face? We’re happy to talk more with you about it so you can see if they’re right for you and your skin concerns.
We want to make sure you understand what’s involved, and we also want to address your skin issues with a treatment plan that suits you. That includes scheduling your initial session and the additional sessions needed to get the results you desire.
Feel free to ask about these processes when you come in for brow work, hair removal, microblading, or waxing. Or give The Brow Room a call at 509-563-BROW (2769). You can also use our easy online contact form to request a callback or schedule an appointment.